The Information Architecture (IA) Report is a new reporting capability introduced in THEMIS CS with the release of version 2.2.2.
The goal of the IA Report is to build a hierarchical visual report that lists the components and the relationships between the various artifacts designed in THEMIS IA.
The report displays a birds-eye view of the information architecture and shows the relationship between the sites, libraries, folders, lists, and displays the permissions and content types associated with each component. This information helps disseminate the site structure to a team for approval, for demonstration purposes, and to conceptualize the information architecture.
When the user is defining a reporting job, the IA Report is listed in the report type dropdown. The IA Report allows the user to optionally display content types inside of lists and library nodes, along with several optional configuration settings to be included in the report for a given project.
After submitting the reporting job, the user will be able to view the list of IA Reports in a persistent table.
An exemplary report is listed below and contains:
- The name, date, and time
- The Site, Libraries, Lists, and Folders structure
- The Site, Library, Lists, and Folders permissions (unique and inherited)
- The Content Types associated with the Libraries including:
- Data Type
- Required status
- Default Values
- An option to export the data to a CSV file
- Colour-coded legend
- Controls to Zoom, Select, and Move components
- Highlight Reports in the left-hand navigation pane, and then click Report Jobs.
Note: A Global Administrator can view all saved reports whereas individual users can only see their saved reports from the saved reports page.
- The Manage Reports Jobs page appears. Click + Create Report Job to launch the report wizard. Enter the following information:
a. Name (mandatory and must be unique)
b. Description (optional)
c. Type (select Information Architecture from the list)
d. Project (select a project from the list)
- Click Next > to proceed.
- The Configuration page is displayed and allows for selecting further options to be included in the report.
a. Under the Report Options heading a checkbox allows the display of content types inside the lists and library tables. If this option is not selected, then grouping is not available, and the content types will be listed in a separate table.
b. The Group fields by allows for grouping the nested data by "Document Set and Document Properties", by "Content Type", or "None".
c. Under Element Selection --> General, several options appear that when selected are included in the report. You can opt to display permissions, content types, default values, folders, and list content types and list default values.
d. Under the Site selection, the sites in your selected project appear and you can selectively choose which ones to include in the report or check the Select All box to include all of them in the report.
- Click Next > to go to the Review page that summarizes your selections. Click < Previous to make any changes or Cancel to dismiss the wizard. When you are ready to proceed click on Save & Generate.
- You are brought back to the Manage Report Jobs list and the report that you saved will be listed with a status of Queued. Reports are asynchronous and make take a few minutes to generate. In the upper right on the page, there is a refresh button that updates the screen and shows the last refreshed time.
- When the report is ready to be viewed the status will be changed to Complete.
- Click on the report name to view the report. The Report Job Details window appears and shows information about the report such as the description, type, created date, created by, and the status along with the linked report at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the attached report to view the contents from the Report Details screen. A hierarchical view of related tables displays the following information (depending on the selected choices):
a. Sites with their related Document Libraries, Folders, and Lists.
b. Unique or inherited permissions related to the Sites, Document Libraries, Folders, and Lists.
c. Content Types and their associated fields for Document Libraries and Lists.
i. The fields display the following information: Name, Type, Required, Default Values, and Values.
- Click the button to save the report to a PDF file.
The Report Jobs list allows you to restart, edit a cancelled report, or delete a report.
- Click on Report Jobs and click on the desired icon under the ACTIONS column on the far right of the screen (boxed in red below).
- The icon restarts the job and regenerates the report. This is useful if changes have been made to the information Architecture (a new list has been added, a new folder etc.).
- The icon only appears when a report has a status of Queue and allows stopping the report job. This does not generate any report and the status will now be set to Cancelled.
- The icon appears only when the status of a report is set to Cancelled, and allows renaming of the report, editing the description field and changing the configuration options.
Note: you cannot edit the Type or Project fields. Create a new report if you wish to do so.
- The allows you to start a Report Job with a status of Cancelled. The status will be updated to Queued and will generate a report when it is listed as Complete.
- The icon allows deleting a single Report Job. Jobs with a status of Queued cannot be deleted until they are completed. You can also delete jobs in bulk by selecting the checkbox next to each item or by choosing the Select All button above the header to the left and then clicking the Delete button.
Note: deleting a reporting job does not delete the reports that the job generated as they are separately saved in the Saved Reports list.
- By default, the Report Jobs page displays 10 entries but a selector in the upper left of the page allows you to choose up to 100 entries to display on the page.
Note: this setting does not persist between sessions.
- You can also paginate between the entries if more than one page is present by clicking on the page numbers listed at the top right and bottom left of the screen.
The Report Jobs interface allows you to filter and sort the listed entries.
- To sort the data, hover the mouse cursor over a given column until you see a hand icon (). This will sort the column alphabetically (A-Z denoted by or Z-A denoted by ) or by earliest or latest date ( and ) if a date column is selected. The double-grey icon ( ) means that the data is not sorted by that column. Only one column can be sorted at a time.
- To filter data, click or select the control that appears directly below a column. For certain columns, like Date Created a calendar control appears and you can select a date to filter the report jobs. For other columns such as the Name column, you can type, and the results will be filtered dynamically as you type.
Note: when filtering by typing, it is not case sensitive.
- Removing the data filter depends on the control used but you can delete the data (for a text field) or click the "X" for a date field, or select All for the drop-down columns (Type and Status).
When a reporting job is complete, a report is generated and is attached to the report job but is also made available in the Saved Reports list. If ever a reporting job is re-run, a new report will be attached to the report job and will also be available in the Saved Reports list. If a reporting job is deleted, the report itself is not deleted but only the job that initiated it.
- Highlight Reports in the left-hand navigation pane, and then click Saved Reports.
- To view a report from the list, click on the report name. The report details screen will appear.
- To edit the name of a report, click the icon that appears next to a saved report. In the Edit Report window that appears, enter the name, and click on Save to rename the report. The renamed report will also show the new name from any Report Job that contains it.
- Click the icon next to a Saved Report to delete the report. A confirmation box will appear. Click Yes to proceed or Cancel to dismiss the box.
Note: deleting the report will not delete the Report Job that created it.