What is THEMIS RM?
THEMIS RM helps you and your organization manage records and cases from multiple content sources in a single, intuitive platform. THEMIS RM automatically indexes and manages your files right where they are - no migration required. THEMIS RM allows organizations to customize your file plan with retention rules and triggers that comply with your organization’s policies, and easily add legal holds to records and cases in the case of legal action or an audit. When records and cases are ready for disposition, THEMIS RM makes it easy for you to dispose of them properly.
Navigating Around THEMIS RM
- Manage Records: A records manager can view all of their file plans and manage all of their records and cases.
- Administrative Settings: A records manager can configure the general settings, crawling content sources, automatic classification rules and case containers.
- File Plan Builder: A records manager can create custom file plans and configure their retention rules, triggers and disposition workflow.
- Retention Rules: A records manager can create custom retention rules that dictate how long records and cases must be retained and whether or not they should be transferred (e.g., archived) or destroyed after their retention period ends.
- Relationship Definitions: A records manager can create relationship retention triggers that indicate records are being retained because of their relation to other records.
- Period Definitions: A records manager can create period retention triggers that indicate records and cases are being retained because of a required time period.
- Legal Justifications: A records manager can create custom legal justifications that indicate why records and cases are being retained and disposed.
- Disposition Reports: A records manager can create a disposition report to start the disposition workflow for records and cases.
- Disposition Review: A reviewer can approve or reject records and cases for disposition.
- Disposition Approval: An approver can approve or reject records and cases for
- Destruction Certificates: A records manager can view all of their destruction certificates that shows records and cases previously disposed.
- CS Settings: A records manager can add, edit and delete the following THEMIS RM user roles: reviewer, approver.
Setting up THEMIS RM for the First Time
A records manager can refer to these high-level steps to set-up THEMIS RM:
- Configure general settings in Electronic Records > Administrative Settings > General Settings.
- Configure at least one content source in Electronic Records > Administrative Settings > Crawling Content Sources.
- Create retention rules in File Plan > Retention Rules.
- Create relationship definitions in File Plan > Relationship Definitions.
- Create period definitions in File Plan > Period Definitions.
- Create legal justifications in File Plan > Legal Justifications.
- Create file plan nodes in File Plan > File Plan Builder.
- Configure classification rules in Electronic Records > Administrative Settings > Automatic Classification Rules.
- Configure indexing cases in Electronic Records > Administrative Settings > Case Containers.