What is THEMIS IA?
THEMIS IA helps you to design and build your SharePoint information architecture in a single, user-friendly platform. Create a project that represents your organization and workspaces that represent your business units. Setup custom sites, libraries, lists, taxonomies, fields, content types and permission levels. To re-use custom taxonomies, fields and content types, you can create them in an enterprise workspace. When you are ready to publish your information architecture to SharePoint, THEMIS IA makes it simple - no need to write code or hire developers.
How to Navigate THEMIS IA
- Projects: A project administrator can create a new project or edit and delete an existing one.
- Site Design: A project administrator can create a new project or edit and delete an existing one or can create sites, subsites, lists and libraries and add security groups.
- Content Type Management: To create a content type, navigate to Information Architecture > Content Type Management.
- Field Management: An information architect, workspace owner or contributor can create, edit and delete custom metadata.
- Taxonomy Design: An information architect, workspace owner or contributor can create, edit and delete a term group, term set and terms.
- Security Group Management: A global administrator, project administrator or information architect can create a new security group, view an existing security’s group details and edit or delete an existing security group.
- Publishing Jobs: A project administrator or deployment administrator can publish taxonomy, content types or sites to their SharePoint environment.
- Administration Settings: A project administrator must add a SharePoint environment before publishing taxonomy, content types or sites.
- Manage Users: A global administrator can add, edit and delete THEMIS IA users. They can also assign users one or more of the following roles: global administrator, project administrator, information architect, deployment administrator, workspace owner, contributor, reviewer.
How to Set-up THEMIS IA
In this section, we will set-up THEMIS IA and start a new information architecture project. Several different types of users will be involved. The high-level steps are in the following order:
- Create a connector in CS Settings > Manage Connectors.
- Create an environment in CS Settings > Manage Environment and associate the connector to the environment.
- Create users and assign them roles in CS Settings > Manage Users.
- Create a project and assign users to the project in Information Architecture > Projects.
Project administrator, information architect, workspace owner or contributor
- Create taxonomy in Information Architecture > Taxonomy Design.
- Create metadata in Information Architecture > Field Management.
- Create a content type in Information Architecture > Content Type Management.
- Create sites, subsites, lists, libraries or folders in Information Architecture > Site Design.